Master of Management
Design & Media Specialization
The Master of Management specialization in Design & Media is designed specifically for graduate students who are seeking to enhance their design and creative skills while also concurrently learning advanced business management theories and practices to further their career growth. Students will work across the multiple mediums of web, video, digital imaging, graphic design, animation and user interface design. The curriculum for the Design & Media student will emphasize the following areas:
- Development for mobile devices and user experience design
- Creation of complex campaigns across multiple media and channels
- Collaboration between members of an advance production team
- The designer as an entrepreneur and business owner
- Creation of design and media plans and projects that demonstrate application of advanced aesthetic principles and theories of human-computer interaction
- Essential business management principles which are relevant to the needs of design firms
Design & Media professionals work in ad agencies, game design firms, web development agencies, training/development firms, publishing houses, the film industry and for major software and hardware companies.
In addition to entrepreneurship students will be prepared for careers as design managers, multimedia producers, creative directors, interactive media project managers, art directors, user experience designers, web designers, creative supervisors and application designers.
At the completion of the Design and Media Specialization, students will be able to:
- Formulate, construct, and evaluate complex design and media campaigns
- Examine and select potential solutions for design and media campaigns and develop strategies for their implementation.
- Apply the theory and aesthetics of integrated media to professional work in the field.