The Student Council is dedicated to serving as a unified voice for Robert Morris University students in expressing student needs and concerns, promoting the advancement of the university, and increasing student success.
To promote student leadership, empower the student body, and unify RMUís campuses.
Roles of the Student Advisory Council
1. Provide the student body with a voice to speak directly the institution about student concerns, needs, and proposed solutions.
2. Provide valuable feedback to the Academic Council from the studentsí perspective about institutional concerns, objectives, and initiatives.
3. Provide opportunities for open forums with all RMU students so they may express ideas and opinions on university-related matters.
4. Serve as a liaison between the student body and RMUís faculty, staff, and administration.
5. Foster a sense of community among RMU students.
1. Officers and Representatives must be enrolled in a minimum of two classes per quarter
2. Officers and Representatives must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA.
Student Council Representation
Executive Committee (Elected)
● Vice President
Student Representatives (Appointed)
● Two Representatives from each College:
○ Institute of Art & Design
○ School of Business Administration
○ Institute of Culinary Arts
○ College of Liberal Arts
○ College of Nursing & Health Studies
○ Institute of Technology & Media
○ Morris Graduate School of Management
● Campus Representatives (One per campus)
○ Arlington Heights
○ Lake County
○ Orland Park
● Two Alumni Representatives
● Current Vice President of the Academic Council
Connection to Academic Council
The Student Council will collaborate with the Robert Morris University Academic Council.
The President of the Student Council will be invited to attend meetings of the Academic Council, including issuing a report on the Student Councilís behalf, and organizing any Student Presentations at Academic Council. The Student Council may be issued projects by the Academic Council which must be completed.